ROCK 5th & 6th Grade Youth Group
Why the name ROCK?
Matthew 16: 18-19 “ And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What is ROCK?
ROCK is a way for the 5th & 6th grade members of our parish to get together & build fellowship. It’s the social compliment to the existing Religious Education program.
- When are the meetings?
- Monthly on the parish campus for 1.5 hours each time, generally from 6:30pm-8:00pm.
- The annual schedule can be found on the parish website under: Religious Education – Middle School ROCK Youth Group
- When are the meetings?
Schedule for 2019-2020 Location Theme
*September 28 Social Hall 6:30-8:00pm Launch Night
October 19 Religious Education 6:30-8:00pm Halloween Costume Party
November 16 Social Hall 6:30-8:00pm Bingo
January 25 PLC Rm. 50-51 6:30-8:00pm Winter Games
February 22 Social Hall 6:30-8:00pm Movie Night
March 28 PLC Rm. 50-51 6:30-8:00pm Game Night
**May 2 Start & end in Gym* 6:30-8:30pm Amazing Race
**In May we ask parents to stay and help with “Amazing Race” where we utilize the entire church campus. We will start in the gym, so please plan to stay and meet us all there & be sure to dress for the weather.
- How will I know when there is a ROCK Meeting?
- We are using eVite to let parents know about our event…you are free to invite a friend by adding them to the invitation. Please be sure to sign your child in for each ROCK event. https://www.hspgeist.org/religious_ed/ROCK.html is the link to ROCK information on the parish website. We’ll keep updating it so bookmark that page!
- We would love it if you will RSVP for events, we want to be sure we are able to accommodate all the attendees!!
- Who is eligible to attend? All 5th & 6th grade students in our parish. Friends are also welcome, they do not have to be parishioners to attend.
- Where will the meetings be? Please check the schedule to confirm, locations may change. Please be sure to sign your child in for each ROCK event.
- Parents are welcome to stay for our events! In September & May it is a requirement.
- Food may be served at ROCK events. Things like candy, popcorn, soda, crackers, marshmallows, etc… may be served so if your child has any food allergies please be sure that they are aware of them and that you let us know when you sign them in for ROCK each time.