Circle of Grace Safe Environment Training Program Pre-K to Grade 12
The goal of the Circle of Grace program is to educate and empower children and young people to actively participate in a safe environment for themselves and others.
Objectives of the Circle of Grace Program Pre-K -Grade 12
- Children and young people will understand they are created by God and live in the love of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Children and young people will be able to describe the Circle of Grace which God gives each of us.
- Children and young people will be able to identify and maintain appropriate physical, emotional, spiritual and sexual boundaries.
- Children and young people will be able to identify all types of boundary violations.
- Children and young people will demonstrate how to take action if any boundary is threatened or violated.
The U.S. Bishop's Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People and the safe environment policies of the Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana require that all children in our Catholic schools and parishes receive age-appropriate safety training through the LIFE+ or Circle of Grace programs on an annual basis.
Parents can review the content of this curriculum by contacting the principal, parish director of religious education, or the Office of Catholic Schools. If you choose to withhold your child from participation in any part of the training, please sign this form, specifying the name of your child and the specific lesson content from which your child's participation is to be withheld. We will then assume that you are personally covering this content.
To Opt-Out Your Child Complete and Return This Parent Opt-Out Form pdf