Mass Schedule Re-Opening
In-Person Masses at Holy Spirit Parish at Geist will begin the weekend of May 30/31.
Lord's Day Mass Schedule Beginning May 30th
Saturday Vigil 5:30 PM
Sunday 8:AM, 9:30 AM, 11:30 AM and 5:00 PM (Note that the regularly scheduled 11:00am Mass has been moved to 11:30am)
As we prepare to re-open our Holy Spirit Parish at Geist for Sunday Masses on May 30/31. We ask for your prayers.
- The Masses on the first weekend will be a little more streamlined. Meaning the homily will be shorter since more time will be needed between the Masses to sanitize pews, doors, and bathrooms for the next Masses.
- You are asked to enter Church using doors #6 and #8. Ushers will assist you to your pews. This will help us get more people in each pew and still have Social Distancing.
- We will not have any singing or music.
- We will continue to practice Social Distancing meaning we will have six feet of space between us and the next person in all directions, unless it is a person which whom you live in the same house.
- Of course there will be no Sign of Peace and no holding of hands during the Our Father.
- We are asking that the kneelers not be used, to assist with cleaning. You can stand or sit during the Consecration!
- All parishioners who attend Mass are requested to have a mask on.
- All interior doors will be left propped open. Ushers will hold open the exterior doors.
- We will have the Social Hall open for overflow and the Mass will be livestreamed into the Social Hall for the 9:30 and 11:30 masses. Communion will be brought to the Social Hall and while in the Social Hall you are asked to follow the same Social Distancing policy of six feet of separation. There will be vinyl chairs in the Social Hall and Children’s Room. The chairs can be moved and clustered in ways to get the most people into the rooms without compromising Social Distancing. Yes, it is going to take some practice and getting used to.
- The 11:00 Mass has been moved to 11:30 so that there is more time for cleaning between the Masses that are traditionally larger.
- People with compromised health systems, lung, heart, etc. should consider whether or not they should attend Sunday Masses. Daily Masses might be a safer option where the crowds are much smaller, and then watch the Livestream on Sunday. Daily Masses will be starting in early July.
- Please see the attached schedule given to us by the Bishop’s office.
- Thanks for helping to keep this transition smooth and Christ like.