From the Desk of Fr. Dan
I hope everyone looked at the bulletin online this past week. I want to thank Sam Duncan, our junior high youth minister who shared with us the pictures of local flowers with which they were honoring the Blessed Mother and all mothers during the month of May. I also hope you saw inside the bulletin the two pages of our seniors who are graduating from High School. This past Sunday I was coming to the office and ran into 20 to 30 high school seniors in our parking lot. It was great to see them “hanging out” with one another. I am especially happy to see them at Holy Spirit where they feel very at home. I hope you find a home here for many years. Best of luck and God bless you. You will be missed.
As we get closer to the re-opening of our churches I am getting very excited and anxious to see our Holy Spirit faith family back together. There are a number of things that are going to happen, and all of them take patience and kindness if we are going to be the image of Christ we were when we entered the world of Coronavirus. But, it is the same Jesus Christ that will welcome us home and nourish us with His Body and Blood. That being said, here are a couple of things I think you should know if you are going to be joining us at Holy Spirit on the weekend of May 30/31.
1. We will not have any singing or music.
2. We will continue to practice Social Distancing meaning we will have six feet of space between us and the next person in all directions, unless it is a person which whom you live in the same house.
3. All parishioners who attend Mass are requested to have a Mask on.
4. You are asked to enter at doors #6 and #8.
5. The 11:00 Mass has been moved to 11:30 so that there is more time for cleaning between the Masses that are traditionally larger.
6. People with compromised health systems, lungs, heart, etc. should not attend the Sunday Masses. We suggest you come to the daily Masses where the crowds are much smaller and then watch the Livestream on Sunday. Daily Masses will be starting in early July.7.
7. Communion will be distributed at the end of Mass and after you have received communion we askthat you leave the church following the directions of the ushers. Please feel free to visit in the parking lot, but please maintain the six feet Social Distancing guideline.
8. Thank you for your patience, your prayers, and your support! Holy Spirit truly is a fantastic parish and I know this time apart as made me appreciate our parishioners even more.